iPhones Shipped Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nateomedia, Apr 5, 2008.

1. nateomedia macrumors newbie

Because of the shortage, I ordered a couple of iPhones directly from the online Apple Store last Monday. I figured if they were introducing a new model then they'd bump my order up and, if they weren't, they would send me a couple of phones once new stock came in.

I just received notice that my 8gb iPhones shipped today. The part number is the same, so they aren't making any changes. I think this confirms that new phones aren't coming until June or later!

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well, the fact that the phones are shipping quicker doesn't prove anything. But I think we already knew not to expect anything until at least June. At least the iPhone hype might die down a little bit until May or June...

3. nateomedia thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I thought the mysterious stock shortage all over the US was a little weird. And Apple wasn't really commenting on it. I mean, how difficult would it have been for them to simply say that they were experiencing a shortage due to greater than expected demand? So, it kind of looked like Apple could be up to something.

But, if they were up to something, they wouldn't be shipping phones now. All I'm saying is that any correlation between the shortage and some sort of product release no longer makes much sense.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

The shortage was only really at Apple Stores- from what I've been reading the past 2 weeks, AT&T Stores still had plenty of stock. It is a little weird, but it is a hot item.

How come no one thinks it's "a little weird" when there is a shortage of Wii's?

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Wii's suck? get a 360 :)

6. nateomedia thread starter macrumors newbie

1) Nintendo has publicly stated that they are experiencing problems ramping up production to meet demand. (Apple's statement on the iPhone shortage was one vague sentence with a refusal to comment on follow-up questions.)

2) Console cycles generally last 3-4 years so product updates are not expected. (It is known that a new iPhone is coming.)