IPhone's speaker phone issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Angelo921, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Has anyone with the problem with their iPhone's speaker phone being to low actually taken back their phone to the Apple store to have the Genius look at it? If so what was the results?

I have had my iPhone for about 2 months now and after having done the firmware 1.1.1 update and the speaker phone not improving, I have made an appointment to take it in tomorrow. Apple customer service was even nice enough to note my account for them not to charge me a for a loaner if needed.

2. eric325 macrumors newbie

Apple just replaced me with a refurbished phone after listening to it at the store. The replacement one is as bad as the first one. As a mattef of fact i just called apple care and was given a case number so that i can go back to the store and get another replacement hopefully - maybe a new one instead of a refurbished one.

3. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

If they give me a replacement iphone I will test it out in the store to see if the speakerphone works by calling 611 and putting it on speakerphone.

4. eric325 macrumors newbie

Mine was low when i test it at the store cos the phone was on version 1.02. Therefore i still need to get home and upgrade to 1.1.1 and hope for the best.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Good luck with that 1.1.1. I was hoping for the same and can tell absolutely no difference unfortunately. Maybe iphone v.1 is just hardware challenged in this area..in a big way. Forget speakerphone altogether.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Mine's on 1.1.1 (non-bricked, thank you very much), and the speaker volume seems worse, if anything. So low, in fact, as to make its use, um, useless. Apple Store next week for me.

s craptastic as my Treo was, there was at least a usable speakerphone (and a few other features, like MMS, cut-n-paste, a camera that I could actually use). But I'm patient...

7. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I just came back from the Apple store and the Genius tested my phone by calling it and putting it on speaker, he did mention that his iphone speaker is low also like mine. I did tell him that a friend of mines sounds a lot louder than mine so there has to be some kind of issue. He offered to replace my 4gb with another new one (without the box though) but they dont have any in stock so he had to order it and would have it in a couple days. I asked him to verify that it would be new and not refurbished and he said it was going to be new since they still have new ones still. He also noted that there was no guarantee that the phone I will get will have a better speaker phone volume.

My question is, how can I verify when I get the phone that it is new and not refurbished?