Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mediumofmeaning

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
NJ
one thing you can do with it is get a threatening letter from apple for using "iphone" in the domain, probably. i hear they like that. except not.

Steve Jobs=God

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Interesting you were able to pick that up,

Heard the domain suppliers apple deal with automatically snap up domains for anything that might be rumored to be coming

maybe write to apple offering to sell it them :D

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Make it a forum for developers as i would love to develop but never programmed ever and would be a good place to start :)

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Make it a forum for developers as i would love to develop but never programmed ever and would be a good place to start :)

Yea gd idea!

Ill start a new topic asking if people want this!

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
IPhoneSDK.co.uk Topic ideas

Hello everyone.

The site is nearly finished now. Im just in the middle of adding the topics on the forums, however i was wondering what people wanted as topics?

Please give ideas, dont just read and leave nothing!

Thanks a lot :)

Ben

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Im sure it will be fine.

If there is any problems then well take it as it comes.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Well the forum is done... just adding the topics etc!

Thats what i was asking really, what people would want them to be.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
If your site doesn't become too popular.

modmyiphone.com got a cease and desist letter, and others have as well, so who knows.

I also hope you're using vBulletin or some NICE forum software. Free forum software = garbage

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
At the moment im using SMF which is the best free software. If and when the site takes off i will buy IP. Board but untill i know it is a good idea ill stick to SMF.

The way i see it is that im not making a website helping people hack the IPhone, just trying to bring the developers together to help make better apps and help them find out what people want in apps.

But as i said... have to see how it goes :)

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
If people want to give me the $150 i need to buy IP. Board then ill buy it but i want to wait and see how much interest the site is going to get first.

It would be a waste else...

chrisparr

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
If people want to give me the $150 i need to buy IP. Board then ill buy it but i want to wait and see how much interest the site is going to get first.

It would be a waste else...

Is this a joke?

I went to the URL and it took me to the apple developer connection for the iPhone.

C

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
The site is nearly finished now

Its not done yet... read the first post!

Im pointing the domain at that site untill it is done... Hopefully later 2night!

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Finally the site is now up and running!

http://www.iPhoneSDK.co.uk

It is very basic but please give me ideas of what you want on it in the way of topics and ill see what i can do.

Please check it out. Im trying to add a gallery for everyone to post screenshots and whatever people want, but having a little bit of trouble with files.

Hope you enjoy the site and feedback would be appreciated!

Ben

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Thanks for joining :)

I know a lot of people have read this and probably thought what a waste of time etc... but if you a developer or interested in apps (which 99% of you will be) please drop by, join up and give your input!

Thanks

Ben

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
lol!

Thats what u was thinking... never mind!

I think the site is the best it can be for a free forum. Will upgrade when it gets bigger :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.