iPhonesimfree new website and buy now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gallinger, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Just checked the US reseller... very little real-world info there. Let the buyer beware.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Perhaps I'm missing something, but there is no buy now. Whole sale only, minimum of 50 licences.

Hmmm, ok, just seen the reseller link page. US$99. What a rip-off.

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

From iPhoneSimFree's site, there's only 1 reseller in the US they recognize (so far) and they are asking $99 per license :eek:.

Wireless Imports

EDIT: edesignuk beat me to it :p

Definitely a rip-off but there are people who will buy it :(

I was excited at first to see the site back up but seeing wholesale only, oh well...I'll wait it out.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yeah, and this is what they say:

So it's vapour-ware, and check the spelling and qualifiers in that statement. Hardly the sign of a professional outfit. Anyone who sends them money is insane.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Oh wow, I didn't even read that part. The spelling def. gives a bad impression.

6. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Wow, hope noone sends them any money.
    And $99 is up there for an unlock. What happens if you sync to the latest Itunes or do an update and everything is gone and locked again?

7. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

Hopefully someone will get the .app and reverse engineer their program and make a version of it available for free.

They don't deserve to be making money on this.

8. munckee macrumors 65816

From the resellers site:
    Please be aware you are purchasing software that will be installed on your computer which will unlock your phone via wifi. In the event Apple comes out with a new firmware upgrade which will lock your phone again you hereby agree that Wireless Imports nor its vendor will be held liable or responcible for unlocking your handset again. If your handset becomes locked you will be charged to unlock it again.

$99 a pop and it might just get messed up the next time you update. Sounds like a really good deal to me :rolleyes:

9. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Yep, beautifull :D
    So we're unlocking it for now, if it gets locked again you're on your own or pay us again :D
    lol

10. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Thinking about wholesale ordering as a co-op

I was thinking about buying 50 and seeing who on the board would want to co-op with me on it. I am thinking I can lay out the money and charge close to cost.

I am in NO VA and would like some local people if possible.

11. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Should we start a list of those interested in a license? If we can get at least 25, then each person can purchase 2 licenses each and sell the extra license.

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not in this thread please. Start a Marketplace thread if you must.

13. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Carefull with your money bros.
    Thats $5000 with an unknown company like that.....

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

That's if each license is $100 but with a bulk buy I'm sure its cheaper because its ~$50USD from the Australian reseller. I'm assuming a bulk of 50 is approx $30 each.

EDIT: The Australian reseller is selling a bulk of 50 licenses for $2000. I'm pretty sure the each license cost them about $20-30 max. $50 doesn't seem so bad either compared to $99 from Wireless Import. Rip-off!

15. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Wholesale Cost

I have sent them a email about the cost and I am awaiting word. I am assuming $30 as well.

Also can someone tell me why I would not be able to create a post in Marketplace section ? Is there a differnt level of access needed. I would like to sell these at cost.

16. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

You need more posts. I believe it is 100 (correct me if I'm wrong).

EDIT:
    Sent Wireless Imports an email. Here is their response.

I'm sure they will still get some business but not as much as iphoneworldwideunlock.com

Attached Files:

17. KYBOSH macrumors member

They are idiots.
    The solution is digital and is downloaded.
    Therefore it doesn't matter if you are in Australia or Taiwan.
    You get it instantly.

If I can download it from across the world at half the price and no waiting time why would I shop with them?

Someone needs to give them a quick lesson in what the GLOBAL MARKET is all about.

18. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

So whats keeping you from buying 1 licence and then unlocking 100 Iphones with the same program?
    Wouldnt be doable?

19. ForeverUnknown macrumors regular

The app checks with a server that the phone is registered before it can become unlocked.

20. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

The phone is registered where?
    When you buy the software you need to give them your iphone serial number or something?
    Im sure after a while they'll find a way to disable that check and have it go thru the unlock without it........

21. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

$99 is pretty balls deep. But I guess for a company like themselves, it's only a matter of time before someone reverse engineers their software and starts taking their clients / money.

I love America.:D

22. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

I hear that, almost $100 to unlock a cellphone.
    Its up there, Im sure someone will hack it or make a similar program for free.
    The first ones always pay the price I guess as we saw what happened to us :D

23. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

No offense to some of you, but I know in the states it's a pain because some people don't want to switch providers and etc etc. But in other countries such as Canada, using an iPhone isn't even an option without this unlock. Anyhow I don't know which link you followed but I saw the unlock done for 50$ on the first link I clicked. I would probably pay 50$ if I was guaranteed it wouldn't get screwed at the next update.

24. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

Yea i think the key is that there is No way of knowing for sure if the next update to itunes will disable this "unlock". Untill then i think i will steer clear ;-)