iPhone X iPhoneX with screen defect 3 month after warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gcvc7317, May 13, 2019.

1. gcvc7317 macrumors newbie

I bought an iPhoneX in February 2018 and was very satisfied, until this week. My iPhoneX got green lines on the screen and then darkened, sometimes green lines appear as in the attached image.

This was a surprise to me, because a $ 1,000.00 product fails in 15 months. I await a solution, because even if it is out of warranty, it is not acceptable that you have to pay for this concert.

My conclusion is the iPhoneX isn't a good device.

Another issue, is the information related to the recall of the iPhoneX screen, because I understand that is what is happening with mine.

In my option Apple should solve this repair without charge.

Attached Files:

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

3. Lekro macrumors regular

Lekro

You can ask for Customer Relations on the phone with Apple. They can make exceptions.

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Apple will likely replace it as it’s very close to the end of the warranty. Just go in and be nice and they usually do it. :)

5. AppleLuvver macrumors member

AppleLuvver

I just had my iphone x screen replaced for the 2nd time last weekend. It was free. They said there is a current "program" for known iphone X screen issues and they will cover the screen repair for 3 years from purchase date. The first time I had it replaced it was about one year ago for ghost-touching. The most recent time was for the screen being completely unresponsive to touch.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Screen problems like this can be caused by the user dropping the device. The iPhone X is very popular and this does not seem to be a common problem so, your conclusion is flawed.

7. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

If a warranty issue did you purchase with a CC offering an extra year of warranty protection?

8. AppleLuvver, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019

AppleLuvver macrumors member

AppleLuvver

I have literally never dropped my phone since I’ve owned it. Apple knows there is a problem with the iPhone X screen, hence the “program” that covers the repair. I think the X is an excellent phone, however some of them do have these screen issues by no fault of the owner.

Edited to add that mine is also out of warranty and I do not have Apple care.
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2019 ---

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/10/iphone-x-green-line-on-display/

9. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

This.

10. jardinager macrumors regular

jardinager