iPhot Autolaunch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BeeS4335, May 1, 2008.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

Newbie/Switcher question. I would like iPhoto to launch when I connect my camera. Currently, I have to open the app. I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to set-up autolaunch. I've explored the menus but it's got me beat! Thanks

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

In iPhoto Preferences (Command-comma), General tab.

Attached Files:

3. BeeS4335 thread starter macrumors member

John
    Easy when you know how. Very many thanks. At the risk of being a pain, I'm impressed by the screen shot and wonder how you do that. If you read this, and you have the time, could you please tell me. Thanks again and regards.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Skitch. Another reason you'll never do Windows again. ;)

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Addition of the graphics is one thing. I like skitch too.

Screenshots are easy as command+shift+3 and command+shift+4 (I think it's command I'm on a Dell atm and not my Mac)
    One is full screen (you'll hear a camera shutter) and one is a selectable region (you'll see a crosshair to select the region of the screen)

Apple web site has a bunch of these shortcuts for newbies (I personally have the list printed out and keep it for reference at home for me and my wife) on thier site. Look at the "Switching to Mac" links and they'll have a lot of usefull self help info.

6. BeeS4335 thread starter macrumors member

Excellent! Thanks. What a wonderful experience this Macbook is. I'm a true convert.