iPhoto '08 7.1.2 Library Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ksmith688, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ksmith688 macrumors newbie

I had a question/observation about iphoto 08, I was wondering if others were having similar problems.

So if i try to upload a picture to flickr or facebook for example I cannot go through my library I have to manually remove the pictures from iphoto and put them on the desktop to be accessible. When I try to select photos all I see is: "iPhoto Library" as an icon and I cannot select it.

I know in the pervious version of iPhoto this was not a problem and I was wondering if there was a solution to this problem or if I would just have to keep on manually removing the photos from my library and placing them on the desktop.

Thanks.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

For the current version of iPhoto, Apple changed the library to a package, thus hiding the contents from us. This was done to help prevent users from mucking about in the library and corrupting their files. We are not meant to do anything to this file in finder. We need to do anything and everything to/with our photos from within the app itself and stay out of the finder. So, yes, you should keep dragging or exporting your photos to your desktop to then upload to flickr or whatever. Much safer that way! Using the export command will allow you to select what size you want to use, as well. Smaller sizes better for internet, etc.