iPhoto '08: Can't UPLOAD from photobucket.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bembol, Aug 24, 2007.

1. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I tried Preference and Searched, still no luck with iPhoto '08.

When I try Uploading, using photobucket/imageshack PICS/FILES or FOLDERS aren't showing up...all I get is iPhoto Libarary icon.

Thanks for the Help.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Are you trying to put photos into Photobucket? If so, drag the photo from within iPhoto to your desktop and upload from there.

Are you trying to snag a photo from Photobucket and put it onto your computer? If so, download it to your desktop and use the import feature of iPhoto to get it into your library.

And stay out of the Finder!

3. pufftissue macrumors regular

Thanks for the workaround.

This is absolutely ridiculous, though, to have to do. Absolutely inane.
    I am more and more convinced that mac os x is no better than anything else out there.

I simply want to attach a pic on ebay and I've been working on it for TWO hours now trying to figure this out.

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Actually, exporting/dragging to desktop, etc. is much easier than digging around in the file system. You can see the most recent version of your pic, and export that one. Exports with the title and all (assuming you tell it to export the title as well). So much easier than trying to find a photo with its camera-supplied number, and then perhaps not getting the modified photo. Much easier -- give it a trial and I think you'll agree. If you are digging in the file structure, you are working too hard -- Windows does that! Macs are much simpler and easier if folks just let them do their thing and don't try to micro-manage.

5. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

You can always get FlickrExport and export your photos to flickr, then use them there. :)

6. CyddV macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my new 24" Alum iMac. Still trying to get accustomed to OS X. But I found this software, PictureSync and it is working great so far. It's shareware, so it's free to use, and you can buy it if you find it useful.