iPhoto 08- Closing Unexpectedly, Slow, Other issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seanemac007, Aug 27, 2007.

1. seanemac007 macrumors newbie

(System: G5 iMac, photos kept on external USB hard drive)

iPhoto is the only application from the new iLife 08 that I have installed yet, and in theory, I love it. However, I am having constant issues with it.

First, it will not stay open for more than 10 mins. If I walk away after only starting the program, doing nothing else, when I return it tells me it has unexpectedly quit.

If I stay and work with it after it opens (and man does it take a while to open), I can't do much with it. One issue is if I click the slide show play button (lower left), the program freezes completely. Every single time. I have not started a single slide show to play in the program.

I have not found anyone else mentioning that they are experiencing these issues (except some comments about its speed). Anyone else out there having these issues? I know it might be my external hard drive, but these issues are a little beyond what you would expect.

2. artevie macrumors newbie

same problem!

I have been using iphoto for a few days now and to begin with it worked fine. now whenever I open it and move my mouse to try and do something it just quits. Here's hoping someone out there has got the answer!

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Download ONYX and repair permissions
    Restart
    Reinstall iPhoto
    Repair permissions and optimize
    reboot and you should be good.

4. tbealmear macrumors regular

I am not having any of those problems, but I am having a problem with Front Row hanging when trying to access pictures that are in "events". It then comes up saying that iPhoto is not responding. I close front row and iphoto is open, but it is running just fine. Kinda strange. I gather from reading other things that there are quite a few problems with the new iPhoto.