iPhoto '08 Crashing my Mac Pro running OS X server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ollie Cromwell, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Ollie Cromwell macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

Has anyone noticed any problems running iPhoto 08?

Have it installed on my MacPro 2.66 Quad which is running OSX Server 10.4.10, I installed the update when it first launched, it gets greedy and all my ram gets used up, then the system hangs, this happens after a few seconds after opening as it is opening the library. Deleted my library tried opening it again. (Had to power off my machine and restart as system was stuck with spinning beachball).

This did not help as it froze again when trying to recreate a new library for me (with zero photos in it?):mad:

So i used appzapper and deleted all the iappz 08 and did a re install.

No joy!:confused:

Still hangs up and causes my system to crash.

I have it installed from the same DVD on my MBP and it runs absolutely fine.

Anyone else running it on a similar system to mine without any problems?

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I'm an OS X Server user but I've never tried installing any of the iLife apps on it. So, while I'm not much use, I'd be interested in hearing if this is happening to anyone else also.

3. gbwsf macrumors newbie

iPhoto '08 Crashing my Mac Pro running OS X server

Yes - same problem and results. iPhoto totally hangs the system on OS X 10.4.10 Server (even the system clock stops), requires power off/on reboot. Having some problems with iMovie import also though it does import some times without hanging. Both apps work fine on MBP as well. No solution found so far - tried similar actions as you report in your message.

4. RamaSlambo macrumors newbie

Ditto

Same issue. Please keep me in the loop.
    I took the same iPhoto 08 Library on a client works fine.
    Previous iPhoto 06 Library was fine.

5. Nickymac macrumors newbie

Ditto2

Same problem here, very annoying. Apple sais they dont support the use of iApps on osx server. Does anyone know if this issue will ever be solved?

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

thats very interesting. i know ilife 06 worked