iPhoto '08 editing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OrangeCuse44, Sep 1, 2007.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Im interested in buying iLife 08 but have a question. Did Apple change anything with editing photos in iPhoto, like giving you an option to completely override the original rather than adding it into the modified folder?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The new iPhoto still creates a new file and places it n the Modified folder if you make any changes. :)

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Just getting around to working with some pics in the new iPhoto. Notice that now, when I adjust the photos, then go back to the roll, the changes are not saved. It automatically reverts to the version that I just edited. Anybody else finding this? How to fix?

In the previous iPhoto, when you would edit, then use the arrow keys to advance to the next photo, a dialog box would pop up showing that the changes were being saved. That does not happen now for me.

Here's the way I have been doing it: From the Library view (not the event view) I navigate to the photo I want to edit. I double click to make it full-screen, click on adjust, change to my liking, then either hit Escape to go back to the "roll" or the arrow key at the bottom to advance to the next photo. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

you need to hit the "done" button on the bottom right

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Well, I looked and looked for a "done" button, or a "save" button, etc. but could not find one. Maybe I'll try to enlarge my window (tonight, when I get home) and then it may appear. Otherwise, I don't know where to go. I'll post back tonight.

Thanks!

6. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

see the bottom right

edit: image removed

7. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I have looked again, and no "Done" -- your image is from an earlier version of iPhoto -- I m using iPhoto from iLife '08. For some reason, though, tonight when I make changes and then click on the arrow to move ahead or back, it is now saving the changes! go figure! How do things change for no reason??? Anyway, I gues, at least for the time being, I can make changes that stick.

Thanks for the help!

8. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

it is iPhoto 7.0.2 (see events in the top left).

9. skybolt macrumors 6502a

By golly, you are right! :D Wonder where my "done" button is hiding??? I know when I first installed iLife, I had some very strange problems, so after trying some things, I reinstalled the software. Maybe I need to install it again? I don't have lots of plugins or hacks, etc, so don't really know why this is buggy!

Last night, after working some more with this, I found that if I edit the photo from within the album it is in, I get the "saving" dialog and the sliders move to the center of their line, but if I go to the original roll, the "saving" dialog does not come up, the changes seem to have been saved, and the sliders are still in the position I left them! Very odd!

Thanks!

10. bunger macrumors 6502

I have found that the DONE button is NOT available in Full Screen mode, but is available otherwise....

11. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Thanks, Bunger! That is exactly it! I had set my preferences to full screen editing, and when I changed them, there was the "Done" button! Exactly what I needed to know!

Thanks again!