iPhoto '08 issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dukebound85, Sep 24, 2007.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

for some reason, when i select delete originals, it does not erase my camera. any idea on what's going on? i know the previous iphoto did with no problem

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

That's probably a blessing in disguise. I have read 'way too many posts from folks who "thought" their photos had been properly imported, and the camera automatically erased, and then found that the photos were, in fact not there. I always leave the photos on the card until I am sure that they have correctly imported, and then I manually erase the card.

Don't know how to fix your problem, but if I were you, I would not consider it a problem. Just go with it.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

good point

4. askywalker macrumors regular

I have had similar issues - I choose to delete the originals, import, 'eject' the card and put it back in the camera - and often the camera reports that the card is still full. I have found that if I put it back in the card reader and empty the recycle bin it seems to clear the card. Recently I automatically empty recycle bin before ejecting the card - but I am not 100% sure that was the problem.

I hadn't heard of the problem skybolt mentioned. I suppose I should go back to my Windows ways of manually copying the card to a folder - then import the folder to iPhoto or something. I am getting to like iPhoto less and less as I am a month into my Mac experience... The .MAC gallery integration is full of annoyances, and iPhotot seems pretty awkward (isn't awkward an awkward word?) to do on the fly filters etc...