iPhoto 08 Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by royaletea, Nov 27, 2007.

1. royaletea macrumors newbie

Alright, I feel bad about always complaining here, but I found an issue with iPhoto. When I try to look at the library via the finder, all I get is the application (unless I select Show Package Contents). However, on my iBook the photos appear in folders. I don't have the iLife install CD because it came pre-installed, any ideas what's wrong? Its not the worst problem in the world as I know how to get at the photos themselves. Any suggestions?

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

In iPhoto 08 they made the Library a package file instead of a folder. That's just how it is. You really shouldn't need to get to those files directly anyway, you can really mess up iPhoto if you don't know what you're doing. Access everything through iPhoto and you'll be fine.

3. royaletea thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not too worried about messing up iPhoto as I generally only copy original files to another location if I decide to use them elsewhere. But I did kind of figure it was just some change they'd done in the new version; a little annoying as I'm used to the older version.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

There is a way round this - set up an alias to a point within the package itself. I have an two aliases in "Pictures" - one to Originals and on to Modified.

5. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

ctrl + click the library package and then select "Show package contents".