iPhoto 08 issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carrollf, Sep 24, 2007.

1. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

Hi

Is it possible to combine multiple iPhoto libraries into one? Also, is it even possible to view the contents of a library using Finder? I can find the library alright but cannot open it up to view the individual files. I want to do this so that I can move things around myself.

Thanks

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

First of all, stay out of the finder! iPhoto structure has been changed so that users will stay out and not corrupt their libraries. Moving photos or doing anything else to them in the finder WILL result in corruption, photo loss, etc. We are not meant to do anything in there. Do all your organizing, etc. from within the app itself. You and your photos will be much happier! Go at it the mac way and let the software do your work so you don't have to. Micromanaging is the Windows way, macs are much easier!

Not sure about merging two libraries, but you could always use the import command to import library 2 into library 1, for instance. Then delete library 2 That should work.

Just stay out of the finder!

3. carrollf thread starter macrumors regular

carrollf

thanks Mary...however I cannot seem to find any pics that I want to upload to Facebook - anything imported directly to my iPhoto library is not accessable!

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Are you saying that when you open the iPhoto app your photos are not there? Did you/do you have the option checked to add imported photos to your iPhoto library (in preferences)? You should be able to open the app, select the photo you want, export it to the desktop and send to Facebook from there. I'm not at the mac right now, so this may be a little sketchy, but if you do not have your preferences set right, this might happen.

Or are you still trying to find photos in the finder?

5. carrollf thread starter macrumors regular

carrollf

No they are there in iPhoto.

It is when I want to access the photos using another app such as file uploader on a website - then I cannot browse to them

6. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

for the ones you want to upload, just can drag then from (when you are looking at them in an event or in the photos list) iPhoto to the desktop (or temporary folder you want to upload), upload them, then delete them from their temporary location

7. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

If you want to export to facebook from iPhoto get the facebook exporter plug in. Then you just select the photos you want, select export in iPhoto and choose the facebook tab. You can even tag the pics before they're uploaded. :)

8. nerdeus macrumors member

I find it a hassle to have to drag it out to the Desktop before I can upload it to pages like MySpace. Facebook offers a special plugin so that's cool... but other sites like MySpace or Photobucket don't. But I guess that's how we'll have to do it... I mean, it is better than having us corrupt our files.