iPhoto '08 - Suddenly Mounting Network Share

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pkolonelos, Aug 9, 2007.

1. pkolonelos macrumors newbie

If someone can help I would appreciate it...

After installing (upgrading) to iPhoto '08 from '06, a network share (afp) is trying to mount. It is a valid share but I don't think I've ever associated it in any way to iPhoto. I tried to create a new, blank iPhoto library to see if the issue was associated with my upgraded iPhoto Library - even opening iPhoto with a blank library, it tries to mount the share. I disabled the share on my server (to temporarily make it nonexistent) and iPhoto says "Could not mount volume "Media" (which is my share name). I have no idea what is going on. :confused:

Thank you much!

2. pkolonelos thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it all...

Ok, I've uninstalled iPhoto multiple times to no avail. Since then, I've found that iMovie ALSO tries to mount my network share. I uninstalled BOTH iMovie and iPhoto then I backed up my photos and movies to another drive and deleted my iphoto library and the new imovie events folder.

Reinstalled iMovie and iPhoto and STILL getting "Mount Failed: Could not mount volume "Media"" when launching both iPhoto and iMovie. By the way, I can still use both apps even though the message box pops up. Also, if I click on OK button in the message box, the message pops up again. I can click OK about 6 times and it eventually goes away.

Annoying, of course.

I've got to go back to '06.

3. pkolonelos thread starter macrumors newbie

Resolved!

Ok, found this in the Apple forums. Apparently, I have an alias pointing to a folder on the "Media" share in my "Movies" folder. Obviously, iPhoto and iMovie are so integrated that iPhoto is looking in my "Movies" folder. I removed the aliases and I no longer get the mount error.

Kind of bothersome since I use the aliases but I can live without for now.