iPhoto '08 to '09 or '11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by edtorious, Sep 25, 2011.

?

Do I need to upgrade my iPhoto '08?

1. No need to upgrade

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Upgrade to iPhoto '09

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Upgrade to iPhoto '11

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  4. Switch to Lightroom or Aperture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I have an iPhoto '08 and wondering if I should upgrade to '09 or '11? Am I missing anything if I don't have the upgrades? I'm happy with the '08, it seems like I have the features already in the '09 like faces, places and facebook integration. I think the only thing missing is the full screen feature in '11? Is that worth upgrading? I know a lot of people having problems with the iPhoto '11 so it's probably not worth upgrading but then is it worth upgrading to '09? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

I have been using iPhoto '9 and it's good as previous versions. I can't tell u what it has that iPhoto '8 doesnt have.

I too want to upgrade to the latest version but have been reluctant since there were so many problems. But now thats the only version that supports photo stream so.....

U that have upgraded have u stayed? Is it ok? Do u wish u were back on a previous version? Has '11 gotten better??

3. WinkyMacRumors macrumors newbie

If you are happy so why bother?

Hello,

If you are happy with iPhoto '08, why upgrade?

There are two things that springs to mind when you are asking for new futures.
    A.) Fullscreen ability
    B.) iCloud streaming

Then again, it only cost around 20 US Dollar to buy the latest version in App Store. Take with you a lunch box to work a couple of days and you have saved in the cost ;) .

// Winky

4. ozaz macrumors 65816

I'm still on 09. Can you summarize what the problems are/were with 11 please?

5. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Mostly it's slow as cold tar. Then a lot of people were having problems with photos getting deleted during the upgrade.

You can search this forum for multiple posts.