iphoto 08 to 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by midnightdoom, Aug 19, 2009.

1. midnightdoom macrumors newbie

Recently i upgraded a few programs and am having trouble with iphoto.. I upgraded garageband imovie idvd and iphoto by putting it in the drop box from my other computer and putting back into the applications. idvd didnt work b4 i did the upgrade now it does, garageband and imovie upgraded fine, but iphoto quits right away with the 09, if i go back and put 08 on iphoto will work, whatever i do i cant figure out why all the other iwork 09 programs transered fine to my other comp but iphoto wont.. any ideas?

it comes up saying
    "The application iPhoto quit unexpectedly.
    mac os x and other appplications are not affected

Click relauch report or ignore"

the same thing was happening to iDVD till i transfered the new one and it works good now

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Make sure you have updated iPhoto to version 8.0.4. Check for software updates and apply the iPhoto one if there is one available. And putting .app files in a dropbox on one computer and copying those to /Applications on another system is not an approved method for installing applications as complex as iLife.
    I recommend you actually use the install disc to put it on this computer system, because the method you've been using thus far does not bring over the updated framework packages for the individual apps nor their support files, themes, etc which is another factor to consider.