IPhoto 08

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Cory33, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Cory33 macrumors newbie

I've just converted from PC to mac, and I would like some expert advice on organizing photos. What I would like to do is organize my photos by year first (2004, 2005, 2006...etc) then witin these folders I would like to have all of my "events" for that particular year listed...if possible. I figured out how to create events (pretty easy), but I'm not sure if the thing to do is create albums and then add my events in...or can I create events within events??

I'm open to any advice...or better ideas

thanks

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I'd say just make events for events, and then you can make "Smart Albums" that feature photos from a specific year.

3. Cory33 thread starter macrumors newbie

I"m not familiar with a smart album...can you explain?

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

File > New Smart Album

Essentially it's like a saved query that live-updates with any photos that match the search criteria.

5. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

It's like creating an album in iPhoto, only you can set search criteria. I've used them a lot, and they're great. So you create a Smart Album that shows photos taken on or after Jan 1, 2005 and on or before Dec 25, 2005. Now, whenever you go to that album, it will show all photos from 2005. It's a great way to auto-sort your images.

6. EB66 macrumors 6502

ya smart album is the way to go....iphoto is such a cool app your gonna love it!