Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
it seems there is a "bug" in iphoto 09.

when i upload my pics to flickr it uploads only 1024x800 although i selected "actual size large files". however when i export the pics first to my desktop and use "flickr uploader" i can upload full resolution pics.

Apple, what is wrong with you and your braindead programmers?

why is the upload size not given in normal human language like "3072x2112" but given as useless "small, medium or actual size" which means nothing to humans? (btw.: the export function uses similarly useless terms) This only leads to more screen resolution uploads in flickr which is not what many people want. if they want to do that they can restrict the size. but limiting the size for everyone to 1024 pixel is a joke.

Is there any way to fix this in iphoto 09 via pref setter or similar or am I stuck with the workaround "export and use flickr uploader"?

abrownman

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
ditto...

this is BS...the plugin does a fab job of uploading full rez pics, but this built-in functionality is garbage...and it doesn't remember your settings either.

hopefully gets a fix soon

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
ditto...

this is BS...the plugin does a fab job of uploading full rez pics, but this built-in functionality is garbage...and it doesn't remember your settings either.

hopefully gets a fix soon

i'm just glad i noticed after the first 30 pics. i planned to upload a few hundred pics with different permissions overnight. that would have sucked to waste all that time. if they at least would tell you the resolution that's uploaded. programmers:rolleyes:

Mac Marc

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
FlickrExport

The native Flickr export functionality in iPhoto 09 is very basic and, as you found, not its strongest feature.

I use FlickrExport from Connected Flow. It works well.

Frasier Spears, the developer of FlickrExport, wrote up an interesting analysis of iPhoto 09's Flickr feature, which you should read before relying on Apple's feature for too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.