iPhoto 09 clutter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Luis Ortega, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I noticed that iPhoto created hundreds of copies of my photos while looking for faces and they are stored in the iPhoto library.
    I don't like the faces feature because it doesn't really work and I would like to delete these extra files from the library to regain lost space.
    My question is, will iPhoto just keep trying to recreate face files every time I open the app or do I have to click on the faces tab to make it start trying to generate face image files?
    And is it a problem to just delete these face files? Does iPhoto make additional copies of these face files in other folders as well or would it all be contained inside the iPhoto library folder that is in my pictures folder?
    Thanks a lot for any advice.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Manually going into your iPhoto database and deleting files will most assuredly break the iPhoto database in one way or another. The iPhoto database is only designed to be managed through iPhoto and not Finder.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i would not touch the data base. that get's you in trouble for sure. better to reinstall the database from the backup or getting a larger HD.

but seriously, there is a need for a robust and reliable version of iPhoto diet. I would pay for that software.