iPhoto '09 crashes on slideshows. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tejaykay, Feb 3, 2009.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Every time I hit the slideshow button on iPhoto '09, I get the spinning rainbow wheel and then the app will eventually crash. This is very frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem with the new iLife version as well? Can you test for me using a large photo album that this might be happening to other users too? I refuse to believe that my MBP can't handle it. Thanks.

2. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

All fixed. I resolved it by running slideshows in albums that only contained a few photos, then went back to the larger albums. Irritating.

3. bobmetro macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue as you with one of my three Mac's running 10.5.6. I tried your fix, but with no luck. Took just three pictures, chose add, chose slideshow, and I never get to a menu to adjust the settings for the slideshow before I get the spinning colorwheel and then the program crashes. My other two Mac's do not have this issue. This one is a PowerPC Dual 1.8 G5 tower with 2GB Ram. Any ideas?

I fixed it. Fix is below:

Mac Fixit had a post where someone who had dual monitors was having the same problem. They were able to resolve the issue by switching the monitors to "mirror" mode and starting the slide show. After it ran successfully while the monitors were mirrored they were able to switch back to "split screen" and play slide shows.

Following their example I was able to resolve the crashing issue and now the slide shows work perfectly.

4. sillyrab macrumors newbie

I photo 09

Mine new mac book pro crashes when trying to export a "themed" slide show to either desktop ,apple tv or itunes. I beieve it will complete a very short oneslideshow . I am trying to do one with 409 photos.