iPhoto 09 Faces - can't recognize any person?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wallisgigichan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. wallisgigichan macrumors newbie

I have just upgrade to iPhoto 09 (a bit late i know)
    i manually tag 20 photo of myself (very certain photo quality is fine), but iPhoto keep saying "XYZ may also be in photos below. No matches found"
    i try tagging another person, same result

i have over 10,000 photos loaded in iPhoto, a lot of them displaying clear head shots... anyone know what might be the problem?

thanks a lot

2. Dify macrumors member

That's funny, I must have the same problem, but until now i was and I am still not sure if it is a problem. But I've been concidering it too when I manualy taged 5 of my friends with wich I went on vacation, and I took a LOT of pictures, like 600 aprox. I photo was realy great at finding faces, but not at analysing them. I was thinking that the program had to learn my friend faces, like the angle, lighting, (wierd faces...) so i just throught it was still learning...

I really have no idea how this work, and wehre the limits of its use are for example may be it has a very restricted way of working, and if the picture is not a face take straight in front of some one it doesn't work....

No idea, but maybe your Iphoto is fine (if it is a good new for you is an other question :) )