iPhoto '09 insanity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wongiranger, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Wongiranger macrumors newbie

Help please...iPhoto '09 is driving me maaaad:mad:

I imported images from camera, and thumbnails show up in the Last Import folder. When I click on the thumbnails, I get a pop-up message:

"The photo “XXXXXXX.JPG” could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found." With some thumbnails - if I click "Cancel" on this message the image opens up nevertheless. With others, I get a full screen exclamation mark (!) indicating no image. The "Find Photo" options doesn't help as I've deleted the images from the camera:(

The thumbnails also show up in "Last 12 Months" folder, but do not appear in the Photos folder under Library.

This is the first time I've imported photos from camera since upgrading to '09, and have never previously encountered this problem.

I have tried "Rebuild" option by opening iPhoto holding down Option and Cmd, but makes no difference.

Any suggestions out there?

2. Razeus macrumors 601

The ! means the photo can't be found. Go into preferences and make sure that the check box for "copy to iphoto library" is checked. Cause if it isn't, when you unplug your camera or remove your memory card, iPhoto won't find your photo.