iPhoto 09 library in 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Link00seven, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Link00seven macrumors regular

Hi all,

I foresee a minor issue and just wanted to address it. I currently have iLife '09 installed on my machine, but I am going to be upgrading my hard drive, so I'm going to be doing a full reinstall of the OS. I can't find my iLife '09 disks, and my computer came with iLife '08. Heres my problem - my iPhoto library is a 09 version library. If I try to use the same library with 08, is it going to work? How can I backup my library or somehow make it work with 08 again?

I know I won't lose all my photos, but I'd really hate to have to import them all again, manually create events and sort everything again...etc.

Thanks.

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

time machine back-up, then restore your back up onto your new HD ;)

3. Link00seven thread starter macrumors regular

I do have regular time machine backups, I was just planning on starting completely fresh. Haven't done that on this machine since I got it (it's a Santa Rosa Macbook Pro mid-2007) and I think it might make things run a bit faster.

However, that option does always exist, even if I just try to pull the iLife '09 applications (and anything else I might not need) from there (assuming that'll work) :D