IPhoto 09 Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mdntcallr, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

I just did a full system update on both my computers, on latest OSX versions and all the other Apple Update items.

i did whatever system update Apple just released. and my iphoto 09 stopped working. it asked me to upgrade my library to work with this version of iphoto, which i had been using a while. then crashes.

pretty lame, been using iphoto 09 for a while, no reason to upgrade library or for it to crash, unless something in the new updates screwed it up

On my MBP it crashes each and every time it starts up, works fine on my mac pro.

2. mdntcallr thread starter macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

I had a support call today with Apple to resolve the issue. happily it was something i could signup for help on their website. and this morning at 9am a support person called me.

The problem is a known issue on the recent update to iphoto 09 which was released recently. The software after updating had a problem with the library. The resolution was actually very simple.

Hold down the Option key when starting up Iphoto 09. Pick the library. and it worked. My library loaded no problem ... it stopped crashing the computer.

Hope this helps other people who have problems.