iPhoto 09 Question (File Folders/Name)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JazzyyJeff, Jul 8, 2009.

1. JazzyyJeff macrumors newbie

Ok, I know this question has probably been asked before, but I did a search and couldn't find the answer...

I imported pictures from my digital camera into one event. Let's call this import/event "2009 Party" for the sake of the question. I edited a few pics (red eye correction, color boost, etc.). So now some of the pictures are "modified." After I did that I decided I wanted to change the name of the event to "2009 House Party" (just using names for the sake of the question).

So now when I right-click and say "Show File" some of the files are in "2009 Party" and some are in "2009 House Party" but the "2009 House Party" doesn't really exist anymore, if you know what I mean...

Sorry for the long post, but this is really bugging me. I am a "somewhat" new user to the Mac and I guess I still have this thing about having complete control over all of my files....

Any help would be appreciated tho... Thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Don't worry about the files. If you mess with the files, you can corrupt the library.

3. JazzyyJeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I understand this.. but it kinda just annoys me that if i wanted to copy these pictures over to say and external hard drive or flash drive that I can't access them all at once from once folder.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

But, you can.

Use iPhoto. Open iPhoto, select all the photos you want, then drag them to the external. No need to chase down the actual files.

5. JazzyyJeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok Cool, well that works ha. Still a little put off cuz I just like knowing that all the files are together haha. Thanks for the help though.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Well then, think of it this way: All your files are together in iPhoto, organized however you want - albums, folders, keywords, faces, place, etc.