iphoto 09 Random order on slideshows, went missing??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikejd1, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Ok, i am NOT losing it here....but for the past few hours I have been playing with the slideshow feature of iphoto 09. I have been using the sliding panels theme. I swear on everything humanly good the option of "random sorting" not sure if that was the exact name was there under settings!!! My wife sat here right next to me working o the slideshow of our daughter and we were arguing that she liked it to use the order that was used to create the slideshow and i liked it "random"

All of a sudden iphoto crashed and BOOM, that setting is no longer available. Am i missing something here?? Someone else has to have seen this happen as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike

2. roger6106 macrumors regular

Under settings there should be an option for "Shuffle slide order".

3. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes! that's what i had and now all of a sudden it disappeared. Any ideas?? I have attached the image of what i see

Attached Files:

4. markfrautschi macrumors member

When setting up an iPhoto '09 slide show, there is no "shuffle slide order" under properties. When clicking on a the properties of a PLAYING slide show, (move mouse over the playing show, click on the gear icon) there is a "shuffle slide order" check box, but it will not accept a check click, and remains stuck in the unchecked state.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.4 on a MacBook Core Duo 1.8GHz. iPhoto is current at 8.1.2 (424).

I have not tried ditching the .plist preferences file. I will try that next.

I went to the users's Library folder, to the Preferences sub-folder, and deleted com.apple.iphoto.plist and com.apple.iphoto.LSSsharedFileList.plist one after the other, launching and testing iPhoto after each deletion. There was no change.

There did not appear to be any iPhoto related .plist files in the system's Library/Preferences folder.

Sigh.

5. Schuette macrumors newbie

To get a shuffle order on saved slideshows (as opposed to impromptu ones) if you select the whole event, click File -> New Album From Selection -> Slideshow you get a shuffled order for your slideshow.

Sorry if this is an ancient thread but I've searched and searched and searched for the answer and stumbled across that solution so I want to share it.

Hope it works for you.

6. anonimous macrumors newbie

Hi. This has nothing to do with this post, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to contact mikejd1 to ask him about his post at
    http://github.com/rpetrich/ProSwitcher/issues/closed#issue/350
    I think you are the same Mike and I sent you a mail via github.com. Could you please tell me how to get ride of the pop up?
    Thank you and excuse me for this off topic.

7. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

WTF? :eek:

8. anonimous, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010

anonimous macrumors newbie

Be quiet maaaan, I was just wondering if you were the same mikejd1.
    If so, HELP! If not, bad luck.
    Thank you.
    Bye