Iphoto '09 slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gianlusp, May 26, 2009.

1. Gianlusp macrumors member

Hi everybody,

I'm a new Mac User, just bought 3 days ago a new Mac book pro 17" unibody and when I click to open a picture start running the spin wheel for about 1 minute..I don't know why..I have just 70 photos in my library..
    Thanks for help!

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

How big are the photos, how much RAM do you have (Apple>About This Mac) and what else are you running? RAM shortages are the only things I can think of that would slow iPhoto down, Im using '08 on a White MacBook with several thousand images and no slowdown.

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

yyyyeah my iPhoto 09 runs extremely fast and is extremely smooth. more so over previous versions.

something you have something set up weird... or you have a million things running (perhaps a VM, photoshop, safari, iTunes and CrossOver are running at the same time)

4. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

You might want to try this.

In my experience, iPhoto 09 is fast with jpgs, but annoyingly slow when working on RAW files in fullscreen.

5. Gianlusp thread starter macrumors member

The Ram is 4 Gb the photos are not big size, no application open.
    It's happens only when I start the application and click to open 1 pic, the spin wheel appear for 1 minute after that, everything ok

6. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

How fast is your internet connection? Or latency? In my experience, iPhoto 09 exhibited some contact with servers that would slow it down a little while after opening. They fixed it in an update, but recently it has increased the starting time.

What happens if you turn all connections off and open iPhoto?

7. Gianlusp thread starter macrumors member

When i opened Iphoto I wasn't connect in internet because I'm working on a cruise ship,and satellite internet connection especially during sea day is very slow!