iPhoto '09 - Travel w/ Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjwlaz, Feb 23, 2009.

1. mjwlaz macrumors newbie

Ultimately what I need to do is take a photo library with me that I can use for creating books and slideshows while I'm out of town. When I return home I'd like to merge the library, books and slideshows into my main library (housed on an external HDD). How do I do this? If it's not possible (I'm afraid it's not) do you have a suggestion for how I can otherwise blend two functional libraries?

I just upgraded to iLife '09 today. I also own a copy of iPhoto Library Manager. This software is fantastic with one exception. It warns that Books, Calendars, and Slideshows can't be transferred from one library to another. This, little detail is the crux of the problem.

1. I don't want to keep multiple libraries merely because I can't transfer my Book or Slideshow
    2. I thought about keeping 2 copies of the main library - one for the road and one for home. But this makes things even harder because if my family changes things on the copy at home, and I change things on the copy that goes with me how do I get all of the changes together.

I have no idea where to start. Thank you very much for any advice, suggestions you can give.

MJ
    Thanks,

MJ

2. mjwlaz thread starter macrumors newbie