iPhoto '09 vers 8.0.4 Automatically Changing Time Zone for Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by htrain3141, Aug 18, 2009.

1. htrain3141 macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2009
    I just bought a new Macbook Pro 13" and I've transferred all my photos to it. I love the features. I bought the computer in the US and uploaded all my photos to it and made sure they had the correct time stamp to correspond to each picture. When I came back to the UK, 7 hours ahead, I switched the time zone for the clock in the computer. But when I did that iPhoto switched all the timestamps for the photos, ie pushing the time forward by 7 hours. So a picture which was taken at 4pm, had an original time stamp of 4pm, now shows up on my computer as having been taken at 11pm. This is annoying, because I want to know when my pictures were taken in the time zone where they were taken, not the time zone of where I currently am.

Is there a way to change this feature without adjusting all the photos manually? I find this a really annoying aspect of dealing with iLife (the only real annoyance I've had so far)
  2. sth624 macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2011
    Bump bump. I have this exact same problem too - very annoying. Only solution I've found is to leave the time zone fixed, always. Fine, unless I move ever. Then perhaps I'll have to shift ALL my photos (1000's) the equal number of hours in reverse of where I move.

PLEASE Apple, give us the option to uncouple time zones from photo EXIF data - as is possible in the calendar. Thank you.