iPhoto '09 vers 8.0.4 Automatically Changing Time Zone for Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by htrain3141, Aug 18, 2009.

1. htrain3141 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new Macbook Pro 13" and I've transferred all my photos to it. I love the features. I bought the computer in the US and uploaded all my photos to it and made sure they had the correct time stamp to correspond to each picture. When I came back to the UK, 7 hours ahead, I switched the time zone for the clock in the computer. But when I did that iPhoto switched all the timestamps for the photos, ie pushing the time forward by 7 hours. So a picture which was taken at 4pm, had an original time stamp of 4pm, now shows up on my computer as having been taken at 11pm. This is annoying, because I want to know when my pictures were taken in the time zone where they were taken, not the time zone of where I currently am.

Is there a way to change this feature without adjusting all the photos manually? I find this a really annoying aspect of dealing with iLife (the only real annoyance I've had so far)

2. sth624 macrumors newbie

Bump bump. I have this exact same problem too - very annoying. Only solution I've found is to leave the time zone fixed, always. Fine, unless I move ever. Then perhaps I'll have to shift ALL my photos (1000's) the equal number of hours in reverse of where I move.

PLEASE Apple, give us the option to uncouple time zones from photo EXIF data - as is possible in the calendar. Thank you.