Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
UK
I know that in the previous Iphoto you could view a single photo and when using the size slide bar, when it got to the native resolution of the photo the bar would "stick" slightly so you could view the photo as the actual pixel size.
Using Iphoto 09 this seems to have gone now?

Ashka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
New Zealand
The slide bar will only show the photo up to the height or width of the window, it has nothing to do with the pixel size.

If you right click the photo thumbnail in iPhoto you will have the option to show photo info which will give you the pixel size as will the info option in full screen. The info option is also under photo on the menu bar. You can show the photos full screen.

If your photos are larger than screen size (as most of mine are) drag the photo onto the desktop and open with preview which has the option to show the photo full size (=).

Hope that helps a bit.

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
UK
Thanks for the info Ashka, its when you go in to edit the photo in Iphoto (full screen). I know when you moved the slide bar at the bottom in the previous Iphoto version, when you got to the actual pixel size of the photo, the slider became "sticky".
I appreciate you can view the native res in preview but I wonder why they removed this option from Iphoto, it wasn't hurting anything :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.