iphoto 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fullfloridiancj, Aug 12, 2012.

1. fullfloridiancj macrumors regular

im running iphoto 09 version8.1.2 and when I click on a photo to enlarge it i get a giant picture of an exclamation point (!). my hardrive only has 5 gigs left from 250. also I think a few photos are missing. how can this be explained ? I have previously done a back up on this computer

----------

on further inspection the photos that turn into giant ! are all photos that have been sent to me via text messages and imported into iphoto. I am unable to enlarge them or take them out of iphoto. I have seen these photos before and perviously "a few months ago" have been able to enlarge them no problem. what could have caused this?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

In iPhoto Preferences>Advanced, do you have the "Copy items to iPhoto Library option" ticked? If not, and you have deleted the original photos, then that is why you are getting the !.

3. fullfloridiancj thread starter macrumors regular

yes that option is checked. I never deleted the original photos. as a matter of fact I have used time machine to back up my computer How can I use it to receive the photos

4. fullfloridiancj thread starter macrumors regular

I didnt make a copy of iphoto, however I did use carbon copy cloner to make a backup of my computer in may. Unfortunately I don't know how to restore segments of carbon copy cloner (for example finding lost folders from the backed up carbon copy cloner)

ANy help would be appriciated

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Run iPhoto. With the iPhoto window open on the Desktop, enter Time Machine. You should now see iPhoto windows going back in time. Just navigate back to when you know the photos that you want are there, selct them and click Restore

Just navigate through the folders until you find the one that you want and just drag into Finder.