iPhoto 10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sravana, Oct 23, 2009.

1. sravana macrumors regular

Is there a timeline when iLife is updated? I have iPhoto 08, and would like to upgrade... but will wait until iP10 is released.

When can we expect iPhoto 10?

2. macJC50640 macrumors regular

3. sravana thread starter macrumors regular

:(

So there *might* be an upgrade in January? Was that when the 09 version was updated?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm a little baffled by your comment. You don't know whether iPhoto '10 will exist, you don't know what the features will be, but you want to upgrade to it?

5. JasonEdwards macrumors newbie

I am a little confused to. He says "I have iPhoto 09, and would like to upgrade... but will wait until iP10 is released." What will he upgrade to if he does not wait for version 10 ? Its like he wants to upgrade now but is scared something new is right around the corner. Problem is he has the latest version already so if he wants to upgrade then iPhoto 10 is his only choice.

Am I ready this wrong ?

6. sravana thread starter macrumors regular

1 - She. I'm a she
    2 - Typo. I have iPhoto 0*8*
    3 - I would like to know if there is a specific time of year when iLife is usually upgraded, because I don't want to buy iPhoto 09 and have it updated a month later. You know, waste of money and all.:mad:

7. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

It is very likely that iPhoto will be updated again at the beginning of next year. The yearly Macworld conference taking place in January has been used as a launch event for iLife, iLife '04, iLife '05, iLife '06 and iLife '09. Beginning in next year, Apple will not be participating in that conference anymore, which may delay the release slightly, but probably not more so than by a few months.

If you can wait and currently get along fine with iPhoto '08 I'd certainly recommend waiting to save some money. The next version will hopefully be optimized for Snow Leopard and therefore run a lot smoother.

8. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

It will be released in the first week in January, just like every other version

9. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

except iLife '08.

Of course, Apple did say that one reason for stopping Macworld attendance was to free themselves from the need to schedule releases for this arbitrary date.

10. sravana thread starter macrumors regular

tkermit, thanks for the non-sarcastic answer! Sometimes this board makes me crazy... how often people go out of their way to put people down.

That is exactly what I wanted to know, so I will wait until iLife comes out next year (whenever that ends up being).

One other thing - is it possible to just buy the individual components, or do you have to buy the whole thing? I can't imagine that I'll ever find a need for GarageBand, for instance.

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

Unfortunately they don't sell the individual components separately.

12. sravana thread starter macrumors regular

:( That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. Perhaps I'll use some of the rest of it someday...:rolleyes:

13. BrownandSticky macrumors newbie

iPhoto '10 etc

it would appear Jan 27th 2010 looks promising!!
    For iLife '10 as well as Iphone 4 and Islate/iPad!!
    Also i read in another forum that they are skipping this year shown by the renaming of ilife 09 to just i life but please not that ilife still includes iphoto 09 imovie 09 etc these werent renamed!! enjoy!!! :apple: