iPhoto '11 email sharing takes forever

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 1BadMac, Oct 23, 2010.

1. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

Jan 27, 2010
    I've done a couple of single image emails that were under 2mb in size. Decent cable upload/download speeds usually, but this is pretty slow. 2-4 minutes per email before it says "Sent".

Anyone else experiencing this? Pretty annoying and makes it just about a worthless feature. By comparison, I'm able to attach and upload in Gmail in about 15 seconds.
  2. jackmcdaid macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2010
    mine wont even send EVER

I am also having problems with emailing photos in iPhoto 11. After I hit send the progress bar goes to full then nothing happens. Finally I get a message that "The email server didn't recognize your username/password combination." So I reentered my data and still not having any luck... dang, i really like the new templates too.... i was SO wanting to use this!!!!
  3. jackmcdaid macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2010

I had success in sending my email message with the photo from iPhoto. The trick was to update my password in the correct account in the iPhoto preferences. I had changed my password a few weeks ago and for some reason iPhoto did not have the most current password... So now my photos go out very quickly!
  4. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2010
    east coast
    Does not work for me...new iPhoto sucks. The features are all well and good in theory but for gods sake I could build my own template and attach it to a regular email message quicker than this does. Takes 3 to 4 mins to send one damn pic and then it's a 50/50 shot as to whether it will come up with an error message about missing password crap.
  5. thogs_cave macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2003
    State of Confusion
    I finally got it to send mail by dragging my desired account to the top of the accounts list in the preferences, even though I was selecting that account from the pull-down menu. (I have several.)

What a pain. So far, so not impressed.
  6. Hipmister macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2011
    Change iphoto default email preference

Go to iphoto Preferences.

Under General, change the "Email photos using:" to your email program and it will work as previous versions of iPhoto