iPhoto 11 HELP HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saladiro, Oct 21, 2012.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

Hi,

I have mountain lion, and just recently upgraded to iPhoto 11. All went well with the upgrade. About 24hrs later, i got this message when i opened iPhoto. Please see attached pic.

Right now, i did NOTHING and am VERY scared my iPhoto may be screwed. I have over 7 years of photos and more than 10,000 pics.

I Do have time machine up and running, however i am not sure if i should start following the instructions of what iPhoto says (if so, which on do i do first, do i do all of them?) or just try a retrieve from time machine itself?

PLEASE help me, iPhoto has my family's life on in :((

Attached Files:

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Do you have a Time Machine backup of your iPhoto library from before you upgraded and iPhoto was working fine? If so, I wouldn't worry. Even if you only have a backup from after your upgrade I still wouldn't worry yet. Follow the instructions. Try restarting your computer first and see if this solves the issue. If not, move on to the next step. Try one suggestion at a time, seeing if it works.

3. blatopilot macrumors regular

Going to your Applications folder in Finder

Hold OPTION+COMMAND and double click iPhoto. Try repairing the database and permissions and see if that helps.