Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EarthNeutron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Earth
Hey, I kinda have a problem with iPhoto 11.
I transferred all my photos from my PC to a 1TB external HDD, connected it to my new MBP and transferred all my photos (arranged in folders) to Finder.
After importing one folder by another to iPhoto, i noticed that it makes a small copy low resolution of each photo and puts it into the same even as the other pictures.
The only solution to this problem that i've found is to delete the small pictures one by one. Is there another way to disable this function without deleting the photos? thx

fltman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2004
sweden
Hey, I kinda have a problem with iPhoto 11.
I transferred all my photos from my PC to a 1TB external HDD, connected it to my new MBP and transferred all my photos (arranged in folders) to Finder.
After importing one folder by another to iPhoto, i noticed that it makes a small copy low resolution of each photo and puts it into the same even as the other pictures.
The only solution to this problem that i've found is to delete the small pictures one by one. Is there another way to disable this function without deleting the photos? thx

Those small photos are the iPhoto internal thumbnails that has been imported as regular photos. Try Thumbnail Annihilator that comes bundled with Duplicate Annihilator to get rid of those. http://Brattoo.com/propaganda

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.