iphoto '11 won't load correctly. HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kahandace, Dec 13, 2010.

1. kahandace macrumors newbie

My iphoto is not working. When I open it, the picture loading swirl thing spins and never stops! Like it wants to load the events but it never does. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice and no luck! I Just got this computer a month ago. I have also tried the command+option to fix any problems. No luck!

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Have you updated to the latest version of iPhoto?

3. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I'm fighting with the same issue. Upgraded from iPhoto 09 to iPhoto 11. Deleted plist files for iPhoto, still no go.

Occasionally it'll start up after a fresh reboot. Pretty irritating. Had I known there were going to be so many issues w/iPhoto 11, I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade.

If you Google "iPhoto 11 won't launch" there are TONS of threads on the issue -- no great solutions yet.

4. finchwizard macrumors member

finchwizard

It's because it's not upgrading the Library properly.

There is a 9.0.1 iPhoto update on the Software update, but you're supposed to have that before you try to open and upgrade your Library.

I've been trying to fix a friends computer because of this, and he's got about 10 years worth of photos that aren't working.

Sure you can retrieve them easily enough, but that's still a massive amount of work.