iPhoto 2.0.1 broken in 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dantherevelator, Nov 2, 2007.

1. dantherevelator macrumors regular

Is iPhoto 2.0.1 compatible with Leopard?

I just upgraded my girlfriend's PowerBook G4 and iPhoto bounces and then quits unexpectedly. I deleted it and reinstalled it from her original DVD, applied -.0.1 update -- same trouble.

Here's what seems relevant from the error report.

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HTMLDisplay.framework/Versions/A/HTMLDisplay
    Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
    Reason: image not found

Thanks.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

You may have to update iLife. It could be that the framework needed to run iPhoto 2 doesn't exist in Leopard or is significantly changed.

3. msmollynd macrumors newbie

I just upgraded my PB G4 to Leopard and downloaded all of the updates. I am also having this exact problem, and I also cannot sync my iPhone, which seems to have to load iPhoto when I connect it.

Does this mean I must purchase and install iLife also, even though I only use iPhoto and it used to be free?

4. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Well if you purchased the last two OS upgrades you would have a more up to date version of iPhoto. ;)

Your version of iPhoto came out in 2003, and was obsoleted even before Panther came out. You must have used illegal upgrades or something for your switch to 10.3 and 10.4?

5. g-7 macrumors 6502

g-7

iPhoto is not included in OS X. It is a separate application, you need to buy
    iLife box to get it.

Anyway, it's a shame that Apple blocked running iPhoto 2 on 10.5 :(

6. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

You'll need to upgrade your version of iPhoto to one that is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5. Either iLife '06 or iLife '08 would work great, you can buy a copy of '06 on eBay for around $30 USD.

7. msmollynd macrumors newbie

I have original installation discs. Please don't insult me. As I've learned since my posting, iLife is not included in retail versions of the OS, and I have to purchase it separately.

8. msmollynd macrumors newbie

Thanks, I am bidding on '06 on eBay now!

9. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Good luck! :)