iPhoto 2011 Library Upgrade Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gtr053, Jan 9, 2011.

1. gtr053, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

gtr053 macrumors member

I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.6.6. I tried buying iPhoto 2011 with the Mac App Store. After a couple of Google searches, I unmounted my Bootcamp partition and "re-agreed" to the terms and conditions in iTunes and downloaded some app updates to get it to finally work. So after downloading and running iPhoto 2011, I get the following error: "The library could not be opened because the file system of the library's volume is unsupported." I store my iPhoto library on the same partition as my Time Machine backups. They have never had a problem working together since they are in different directories. After a couple more Google searches, I find very little information. Of what little I find, I discover that people who store their libraries on a network are coming across these issues. I am not doing so. The partition is formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I don't understand why it is giving me this trouble. Any help or insight will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. gtr053 thread starter macrumors member

Ah. I guess I just forgot that I moved the library to a different partition. +1 for stupidity.

3. red-angelz macrumors newbie

Please do correct me if i'm wrong here,

So, you're saying since iPhoto '11 we can't store photo library on a different disk other than internal drive? :confused:

coz, i'm having trouble opening my old iphoto library (on an external drive)
    it says it need to be upgraded, but the upgrade process seems never ends. :mad: