Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
About a month ago I found out about the "secret" advanced editing mode in iPhoto 6. You choose the red-eye tool and hold down control-caps lock-9, release and hit the tab key.

I used it a couple of times and it worked. I can no longer get it to work and I wondered if anyone knows if they removed it with the latest update.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I just tried this (thanks for the tip!) and it worked. I'm not really sure what it's useful for though...?

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Well, its most useful purpose is for the Retouch tool. In it, you can change the intensity -- using the { and } keys -- and aperture size -- using the [ and ] keys -- of the editing circle. You can also "Lighten" with it.

EDIT: This outlines its purpose rather well.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
On my MacBook running 10.4.9 and iPhoto 6.0.6 it's working just fine for both the Red-Eye and the Retouch tool.

EDIT: I'll assume it's this (linked movie) you're referring to.

So you were able to get it to work in 6.0.6? I wonder why mine's not working. I have a MacBook too. I've got some photos to edit and I'm not happy with the results from the normal red-eye tool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.