iPhoto 6.0 Stopped Importing IPTC/XMP Keywords

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dembo, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Dembo macrumors regular

Dembo

Man... this Mac thing is starting to annoy me - iPhoto just stopped importing IPTC/XMP tags:

I tag my pictures using Adobe's Bridge but I like to keep some pictures on my iPod so I started experimenting with iPhoto. It used to work fairly well: Simply import pictures into iPhoto and the IPTC/XMP keywords appeard.

However, it just stopped working for whatever reason. :(

I deleted my iPhoto library and imported a few pictures that used to get imported with their keywords but no success. Any ideas what might be going on here? I am using iPhoto 6.0.6 (322).

Not happy...

2. Dembo thread starter macrumors regular

Dembo

Turns out that Adobe's Bridge is the evildoer:

Keywords entered using Adobe Bridge 2.1 will not get imported into iPhoto 6.0.6 - at least not for me :p

I guess I'll downgrade Bridge for now and see whether it starts working again.

Cheers,
    Christian

3. Dembo thread starter macrumors regular

Dembo

I just keep entertaining myself in this thread. :)

I used an old friend from the Windows side to assist me with this: Phil Harvey's exiftool.

It looks like Adobe's Bridge writes the keywords into the "Subject" part of the XMP/IPTC metadata. iPhoto looks for it in the "Keywords" part. This is very easy to fix using exiftool by running something like ("exiftool -update_original '-subject>+keywords' .").

However, this just got my 50% to where I wanted to be: Landscape pictures import correctly (i.e. keywords are transfered to iPhoto), portrait pictures will not take their keywords with them (aaaaaargh....).

A possible - but horrible - workaround seems to re-save every image in Photoshop: After doing so all keywords are getting recognized by iPhoto.

Not good, not good... :(

4. sansoftonline01 macrumors newbie

•Include the keywords within the title tag so that robots of search engine get the instant idea what your page is all about. In addition to this, make sure that keyword is also included within the body’s page.
    •Avoid spamming of keyword meta tag or description tag by overstuffing it with keywords.
    •SEO friendly content is basically indexed by the major search engines like Yahoo and Google; therefore do not use doorway pages as they are only used by robots, not by humans. Needless to say, unique and well-written content wisely stuffed with primary and secondary keywords is the king which ensures to bring desired traffic to the website.
    •If unique content is considered as king, then quality links are considered as queens. Building a network of effective backlinks well-stuff with keyword phrases surely going to bring desired traffic to the website.
    •Keep on adding new and fresh contents at regular basis for improving rankings of the website. For search engines, new content aids in adding relevancy to the website
    •Do not forget to use keyword phrases and keywords appositely in domain name, text links and in image ALT attributes.
    •It is important to note that make a link on the desired keyword at your website. For example, if your keyword is “electronic gadget”, then make link on electronic gadget rather than on “click here” link.
    Though, the list of SEO tips is quite extensive, yet these best SEO techniques are widely used for improving the rankings.

SEO services