iPhoto 6 and Crop Constraining

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac In School, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

This may be the dumbest question ever asked here. :)

I basically want to constrain some of my crops to keep them the same as what comes in from my camera, which is a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Does constraining the crop really just constrain the crop, or does it actually resize the image?

The reason I ask: Within the Constrain options, there is a 4:3 Book and a 4:3 DVD. Does it matter which one I use? I mean, 4:3 is 4:3, right? I realize that the default selection is different, but I'm going to re-size anyway. I don't want this thing shrinking my 8-10 MP images just because I want to maintain an aspect ratio.

Thanks.

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I'd guess it doesn't resize, but you can easily check by making a copy of a file and doing it, and then viewing it in another program to see if it's dimensions have vastly changed, or only been adjusted so it's the right ratio.

3. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

polycat33,

If we ever meet in person, feel free to punch me in the face for wasting the forum's time.

Sometimes the obvious doesn't dawn on me. Duh.

I cropped the same pic both ways, then opened them up in Photoshop. Image size was the same.

Thanks.