Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murfle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
I've been using a smart album in iPhoto 6 for my screensaver. Today, I went for a shower, and came back to it working as normal. I exited from the screensaver back to my desktop, launched iPhoto, and got a "BUY iLife '08!!" message, which I selected to not show me again, and then closed the notice.

Next time my screensaver kicked in, I noticed it was showing random photos from my Aperture library (I keep iPhoto and Aperture libraries seperate).

Going into my system preferences, then checking my screensaver options, I don't have the option to use my iPhoto libraries anymore. I find it odd I lose iPhoto 6 functionality right after I get a notice to buy the latest version.

Anyone else notice anything like this?

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Saw the same message a few days back. I don't use the picture screensaver thing, but I checked anyway, and my smart folders are still there.

murfle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Ya, nothing wrong with my smart albums, they just aren't in the screensaver options as I thought they were... Maybe I'm missing something, but the only thing I know changed in the past day or two was that message... I gotta find the prefs file I think...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.