Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Hi,

I've just upgraded to Lion to use the iCloud features, although unfortunately it's now telling me I need to update my version of iPhoto also - I'm using 8.1.2 and have tried multiple downloads, but every version tells me it isn't compatible?

I'm using the last of the white MacBooks and have tried to keep everything up to date where possible (though I've never used iPhoto before)

Using the in app update button just asks me to buy iLife or the new iPhoto for £10.99, is there a way around this and just get my photos to sync between my phone, iPad and Mac? :( Thanks

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Sigh, wrong section sorry - posted hastily from my girlfriends Macbook, should be in the regular Lion section :(

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Thanks, yeah I thought that, but there doesn't seem to be any option of getting the latest version other than spending another £12? :(

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Urgh. How disappointing, I spent ~£20 on Lion almost exclusively for the iCloud features, and now need to splash out another £10.

Especially annoying since the iCloud client for my Windows PC was free

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.