iPhoto album title transfer from network share

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arogge, Apr 20, 2013.

1. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

I'm trying to copy Albums in iPhoto across a network into another installation of iPhoto. I select the albums that I want to copy to the local machine, and then drag them to the Albums section in the left column of iPhoto. The software copies the files, but does not appear to copy the album titles, necessitating the manual creation of album titles and individually copying each album on the networked machine to the local machine. How do I batch-copy all selected albums on the iPhoto network share, with the album titles intact, to the local machine using iPhoto?

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I was just checking for you... and everything seems clunky. Are you trying to move albums, or events? There is a way to export events... so that may be start.

If you have ever considered Aperture... moving "projects" around is trivial.

/Jim

3. arogge thread starter macrumors 65816

arogge

I am considering Apple Aperture. I'm trying to copy Albums, and iPhoto on the other end isn't picking up the Album folders as shown.

The only thing that is more annoying is the obligatory activation of Faces in iPhoto, which has crashed my machine several times due to the drain in system resources.