iPhoto Alert?

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
I just returned my Time Capsule after using it for a week. Now when I open iPhoto it says my photo library needs to be fixed. I selected to fix the issues. Now I'm getting,

Alert

The photo "XXXXX.JPG" could not be opened, because the original item could not be found

I expect it's because the photos had saved on the TM and now it's looking in the wrong place. I have all my photos backed up on an external HD. How should I fix this because right now I can't do a thing in iPhoto setting because these Alerts keep popping up?

skitzogreg

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Arkansas
I just returned my Time Capsule after using it for a week. Now when I open iPhoto it says my photo library needs to be fixed. I selected to fix the issues. Now I'm getting,

Alert

The photo "XXXXX.JPG" could not be opened, because the original item could not be found

I expect it's because the photos had saved on the TM and now it's looking in the wrong place. I have all my photos backed up on an external HD. How should I fix this because right now I can't do a thing in iPhoto setting because these Alerts keep popping up?
Delete your current iPhoto Library (in Pictures) and restore it with the copy from TM.

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Delete your current iPhoto Library (in Pictures) and restore it with the copy from TM.
I returned the TM. I just "replaced" my old iPhoto lib from my ExtHard Drive and everything is working now. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.