iPhoto - all pictures are gone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Noek, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Noek macrumors newbie

I load iphoto and all of my photos are gone now. I haven't changed anything, I just went in and I have a blank iPhoto now. All of my pictures are gone from my backup drive as well. He could this happen?

2. 802.11mac macrumors member

802.11mac

Dont do any changes with you mac for now like installing anything as this would overwrite deleted files. Have you tried calling apple? or you can Google for file recovery software for mac.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Did you run software update?

4. bananapie macrumors newbie

Missing

Yeah...I have a 2 friends who lost ALL their photos after updating to the latest one recently =X

5. Noek thread starter macrumors newbie

I Havent made any changes to iPhoto recently. The only thing I've done is add a few movies and music, and download the updates that are normally required.

Apparently since the pictures are gone, my backups don't show it because time machine just kept overwriting my old backups which eventually got rid of the pictures....I'm guessing

6. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

Have you tried something as simple as using Spotlight to search for any file names? For example, if your camera's a Canon, the file names probably start with IMG*, if a Nikon, probably DSC*.

Depending on how you set up iPhoto originally, your images might be in the iPhoto library but, for some reason, iPhoto can't find them.

I wouldn't panic until I'd searched for the images using something other than iPhoto.

As for your backup -- that's very hard to explain.