iPhoto: alphabetizing albums...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superspiffy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

How do you automatically alphabetize all your albums in iPhoto's Source list?

2. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

is there no way iPhoto can automatically alphabetize my albums?

3. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Don't think so. You can drag the albums around however you want, though.

4. tgbyrne macrumors newbie

Alpha sort events

I was looking for a solution to organizing my events which were displayed randomly unless I dragged them into place. In playing around with iphoto 08 I found that in the event window you can go to "view", "sort events" and you have several options.

5. edwardcarberry macrumors newbie

Sort albums in iPhoto with hidden menu.

An article in MacLife points out this easy method:
    "Although iPhoto won’t sort albums for you automatically, a hidden feature in iPhoto ’08 makes it easier for you to alphabetize them manually. Just right-click (or Control-click) one of your album names in iPhoto, and choose Sort Albums from the contextual menu that appears. iPhoto will simultaneously alphabetize your smart albums as a group and alphabetize your regular albums as a separate group."
    This is slick and very, very easy. It also works in iPhoto '09, and I sure wish I had known this before!

6. richbanks1 macrumors newbie

Sorting by Date in iPhoto 08 (7.1.5)

We accidentally resorted our photo albums alphabetically and want to resort them by the date the albums were created (back to the way they were originally). Anybody got any tips?

7. relowitz macrumors newbie

How do you alphabetize albums in a folder?

How do you alphabetize albums in a folder? I have iPhoto 9 and I tried what you said. I get as far as control clicking in them and it sort albums came up, I choose it, but it didn't do anything. They are still in the same order. Help!