iPhoto alternative that keeps photo names

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gpp, Jan 11, 2015.

1. gpp macrumors newbie

i want a iphoto type program that will use my existing albums and photo names also.all i find dont import this,just the picture itself.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

I'm not sure, but you are probably using iPhoto now. And if you change names, make albums, etc. those changes exist in iPhoto only. Some applications can access that iPhoto info, but that's where it is. And you need to distinguish between the photo name/title, and the file name; they aren't necessarily the same.

Lightroom can import existing iPhoto albums, and probably the names you are referring to. Not sure whether there are others.

3. gpp thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want to keep the album Name and the photo name for each picture that I give to each one using batch change.im using iPhoto 11.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Aperture? Uses the same library. What do you want to do that iPhoto doesn't accomplish?

5. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

yeah aperature, i have it and it is probably the best 100 dollars i spent. (take photo classes for clubs).

6. gpp thread starter macrumors newbie

As dumb as it sounds just tired of every time I try to use a older library it has to be updated.i want something that works regardless of how old the library is.iknow,dumb but just want to try one.

7. DogCatMSMac macrumors member

DogCatMSMac

ACDSee doesn't try to create it's own library it just looks at and works with the files on your computer. You can save them off to other directories if you want. Haven't had any problems with the Mac version. Purrrr

8. DogCatMSMac macrumors member

DogCatMSMac

I'm going to have to take a step back from saying there are no problems with ACDSee. The Mac version has a problem with cache clearing that results in Viewer thumbnails not being filled in for some pictures in an unpredictable manner. For what I do it's manageable but if you are using it intensely you would not want to have to reboot to clear the cache every once in awhile. You can find people complaining about in the ACDSee Mac forum. Hissssssss