iPhoto and Elements?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Afbar1114, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2012
    how do i get my photos from iphoto to elements? how can i extract the photos from there as well so i can get rid of iphoto if its not needed with elements?
  2. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

Jan 17, 2008
    Solon, OH
    Just export them from iPhoto as jpeg files. I have not used iPhoto in several years, but there should be some way of doing this as a batch process through iPhoto or through Automator.
  3. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, USA
    You can also use Elements as your external editor in iPhoto. (There is a setting for that.) iPhoto then takes the place of the Organizer in Elements.
  4. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2012
    so i got elements today at a store its on sale for $70. incase anyone wants to get it.
  5. MCAsan macrumors 601

Jul 9, 2012
    I would suggest using Aperture or Lightroom as your main post processing and organizing environment for your raw originals. Link in Elements when you need to do layers or pixel level adjustments on a TIF version of the photo. As the budget allows, get the Nik Software suite (HDR, silver efex, color efex, dfine, sharpener) as plugins. That combo should let you do anything you want to do with a photo. And it is considerably cheaper than CS6. ;)